"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Newbie - About to pull the Trigger - 8 paws, 4 hands. (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic

Newbie - About to pull the Trigger - 8 paws, 4 hands.

Hello, all - what a wonderful resource!  We are about to jump in to put a deposit down on a new Wonder RTB as our first ever RV.  We had been considering an Airstream Atlas, but the setup and options seemed just as good...and going with a Ford Chassis seems like the thing to do. 2 adults, 2 mini Aussies (on the small side).

We'll be lurking around a great deal, but wanted to start by asking for everyone's opinions, tips, etc as we move to purchase. We're in the Northeast of the US, so not many real local dealers.

Fire away - we do need to be grounded more!

Re: Newbie - About to pull the Trigger - 8 paws, 4 hands.

Reply #1
Congrats!  We were in the same boat and ended up with a Unity RL, very slightly used.  I had a list of all the differences between the wonder and unity but I guess I deleted it.  The big one I remember is the wonder can’t get self levelers, though I think someone did find a way on at least one model.  To some this doesn’t matter much, for us it brought back camper leveling memories with our dads when we were kids.  We decided we wanted to avoid that particular vocabulary if at all possible😀 I think another was the storage was on the opposite side of how campgrounds are set up, not a big deal for us as it was the levelers that sealed the deal.  Maybe different seatbelts?

Either way you’ll love it!