"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Unity diesel generator over door remote start not working (Read 111 times) previous topic - next topic

Unity diesel generator over door remote start not working

We started the generator using the panel and it started right up. A few minutes later we stopped it. Now when I press the red button nothing happens on the display and the generator won’t start up. We have a 2023 unity TB with a Cummins Onan 3200. Any help would be appreciated

Re: Unity diesel generator over door remote start not working

Reply #1
Unless the switch itself is stuck, the only ideas that come to mind would be the turn the remote permission switch on the generator off and on and to turn off the circuit breaker switch off and on.  Best

Reply #2
We solved the problem this afternoon. I downloaded the Cummins manuals and then was able to find the troubleshooting procedure for a dead remote panel. I had to open up the front of the generator, remove the bottom black piece that goes across the generator and take off the right front panel. That exposed the control board. There is a 30 amp fuse on there that had blown. I think the firefly generator controls are miswired on our camper. Every time we try and use them to control the generator something goes wrong. I replaced the 30 amp fuse and the generator is working great.

Thanks for the suggestion on the switch. I had already tried that with no success.

Reply #3
Could someone please tell me where the remote permission switch is on the Onan QD3200? Of does this unit not have one? Thanks