"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: storage attached to rear mask? (Read 200 times) previous topic - next topic

storage attached to rear mask?

I wonder if it is possible to attach a storage cabinet of appropriate design to the rear mask.  I feel confident there are good anchor points in there somewhere - and LTV is great about construction drawings, but I have never seen anyone do this, and wonder why.  There are many hitch-mounted storage products out there, but I'm not a fan - they wobble and appear very awkward.  So why couldn't one simply attach a box to the rear mask?

Re: storage attached to rear mask?

Reply #1
It may depend on the year.

But since they offer the rear ladder as an option, there must be structural points that you could use to attach something creative.  As I recall the ladder is attached to the top and bottom of the endcap and a couple of places on the endcap face.

Contact LTV and see if you can get information of the ladder attachment points ( and do share :D )

Re: storage attached to rear mask?

Reply #2
I have been wondering that as well.  If you lay on your back and look up at the end cap there appears to be a lot of room there, at least 6".  I would almost think they could have designed it for a trash compartment. but would imagine you could see the ladder attachment points.