"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Part for Dometic 3-way fridge - Last ditch attempt! (Read 248 times) previous topic - next topic

Part for Dometic 3-way fridge - Last ditch attempt!

Ok, I have a 2017 Unity with a Dometic RMD 8555 3-wqy fridge originally installed.  Earlier this year I went out to check things out in general in the RV and noticed that I couldn't turn on the fridge.  No lights on the front control panel, nothing.  There did seem to be some residue of something that melted out of the freezer and dripped over the outside of the eyebrow board.  So after a bunch of forum searches and Ebay/Amazon searches and related diagnostic tests I finally have determined that the eyebrow board is defective;  I can get 13 volts to the pin on the ribbon cable that plugs into the back of the eyebrow board.  All other voltage tests are successful.  But still no lights.

I've been looking for some source for a replacement part of the eyebrow board, and the best I've come up with is an Ebay listing from Australia for a cost of about $350 (US), no returns.  I don't think I want to take my chances with that listing.

So, I'm wondering if there is anybody out there that may know of a place where I can get that part more quickly and/or less expensive.

Right now my alternative is total replacement of the fridge.  I will probably go with the Dometic 10.5XT because I really like the idea of having the flexibility the 3-way provides.  And I really didn't have any other problems with the RMD8555 until this problem.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks