"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Volithium Batteries (Read 653 times) previous topic - next topic

Volithium Batteries

For all the 2024 Unity owners out there who though they were getting a 3- way fridge and are now faced with staying plugged in or running the generator or hoping the sun shines to keep their foof from spoiling. Pagosa Supply has an interesting video on how to install a Lithionics 320GTX in place of the Dragonfly Lithium that are now standard on LTVs. at 200AH. Just picked up our new 2024 MB and it’s itting in storage till the spring. A rather lenghty trip to the east coast with lots of boondocking in the plan. LTV says that the Dragonflys and solar panels will do fine but I am apprehensive about "sun" in Newfoundland and really do not want to run the generator. I'll reserve judgenment till I get back this summer. I have researched better batteries. The Lithionics is hellishly expensive but just the other day I found Volithium batteries out of Quebec which are a much much better price and are rated at 400 AH (twice that of the Dragonflies). Has anybody else looked into these? They come with or without the auto heating (not sure if the LTV suppled heating circuit will work with these or better off just getting the self heating option). In any event I will follow up with a post in August when I get back. Who knows I may have a pair of gently used Dragonflies available later this year? (Need to get to the storage unit and measure the battery bay as the Volthiums are 4 inches deeper than the Lithionics). Just measured my battery bay and they are .5 inches too wide :(