"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Back up camera and rear view mirror monitor help with installation (Read 980 times) previous topic - next topic

Back up camera and rear view mirror monitor help with installation

Hi everyone.  I have a 2022 Unity Rear Lounge.  I'm looking to install a Tadi Brothers wireless back up camera system including a real view mirror monitor.  Do any of you have instructions on how best to tap into a power source for the back up camera so I can use it while driving and it comes on and off when I turn on the ignition?  Likewise, any suggestions how best to hide the power wire from the rear view mirror monitor to a power source?  Would really appreciate your help.  This is all new to me. 

Thank you

Re: Back up camera and rear view mirror monitor help with installation

Reply #1
The easiest way to get power is to tap into the running lights and turn on your lights when you want to operate the camera.
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB

Reply #2
Thank you.  Appreciate it. Do you know where and how to access the running lights to connect the power?

Reply #3
The easiest way to get power is to tap into the running lights and turn on your lights when you want to operate the camera.
If the camera is going to be mounted high up - just place it below one of your running lights and run a wire up into the light. If you need help a mechanic should be able to help you.
3 Class A's from Triple E now Downsizing to a 2020 Wonder RTB