"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Starlink installation (Read 980 times) previous topic - next topic

Starlink installation

Anyone have a recommendation for wiring Starlink into a Unity? I have a rear-ladder pole mounted antenna. The antenna cable connects to the router below with Starlink's proprietary connectors and I currently power the router from the inverted exterior electric outlet. In other words everything is outdoors. I am looking for a way to put the router inside the living area, or in an exterior bin, which might mean some rewiring and a way to pass the antenna cable into the Unity without opening a window or door.

Re: Starlink installation

Reply #1
   I, too, would like to know the answers to Christopher's questions above.  Thank you.

Re: Starlink installation

Reply #2
Update. I mounted the Starlink router in the rear bin, and added a separate inverter (wired to the generator dc circuit). A lead from the invertor was pushed through the wall to the bathroom for a remote switch and monitor. This means you don’t have to go outside to switch off the Starlink when not in use. The Starlink antenna cable is run through a rubber grommet in the floor. The antenna can then be ground mounted on the standard Starlink holder, or it can be mounted on the mast according to site conditions.