"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: New Tires (Read 1125 times) previous topic - next topic

New Tires

I am considering purchasing Michelin XPS RIB tires for my 2019 Unity. Does anyone have any experience with these tires? The current OEM Continental VanCo tires wear poorly, and ride harsh in my opinion.

Re: New Tires

Reply #1
Where do you mostly drive.  Temperature range can matter.  I have Michelin Cross Climate on our 2016 Unity MB they are rated for M+S and Snowflake/3Peak.
 we do off season mostly in Canada and very little gravel roads. We do not bookdock. 
the better ride improvement was installing Sumo Springs front and back.  and getting an alignment after installing the tires.

Reply #2
Recently, I have been researching Michelin tires and agree with cbaarch that the Michelin Cross Climate is better suited for the LTV.  Two tire stores told me the Michelin XPS RIB tire is mostly used on trailers. It has a stronger sidewall which makes it ten pounds heavier than the CC. Also, because of the tread pattern design it does not handle as well on wet surfaces.

Reply #3
Have a 2020  Unity 24MB with 36k miles and just put Michelin XPS rib tires on to replace the originals which were shot.  Did the xps ribs because I had put them on our previous 5th wheel.  They are bullet proof.  Never had another blowout.
As far as being a trailer tire only they are designed for commercial vans and are as close as you will get to a load range G tire while still a load range E spec.
Hope they are as good as I think they are.