"That's Very Smart"
Skip to main content

Topic: Which wiper blades should I buy (Read 1111 times) previous topic - next topic

Which wiper blades should I buy

I know silly question but I am serious    The passenger side blade is clearly shot so I need to replace them.  I've  tried a few different brands over the years on my cars but never been very thrilled.  I live in FL so ice and snow is not a factor. However Love Bugs are.
If you don't know what a love bug is then count your blessings. 
So any thought on this?

Thanks 
Dave
2023 Unity TB

Re: Which wiper blades should I buy

Reply #1
I thought all LTV Unitys had the Mercedes Wet Wiper system. Did they do away with that on the 2023? If you have wet wipers, you only have one choice. You need the stock wiper blades. BTW, mine is built on a 2019 chassis and my original blades are fine. - even after more than a 1 1/2 years exposed to Florida sun.  So I'm having a hard time imagining you already need a replacement on a 2023.

I bought a set online to have and carry with me - just in case. I found there are deals if you shop. I paid about $53 + $10 shipping for a set (L+R). It is now $58.59. I got mine from mercedesbenzstarparts.com. However  I don't see the part listed for a 2023. Often online parts systems are slow updating parts for newer model years. My part number is 9108240100.  I'd ask a dealer to verify the # for your 2023.
Flat Rock, NC

Reply #2
Yes it is a wet wiper system. I didn't know that at the time of the original post.  The blade is defective as the silicone wiper has pulled out of the holder.  Now trying to figure out how not to spend $90.00 on a replacement.  Have to go up to the dealer next week so I'll see if they will cover it under warranty (can't hurt to ask).  I know next to nothing on this wet wiper system so I'm curius if  I can just slide out the old silicone wiper and slide in a new one.  Any thoughts?

Reply #3
I'm curius if  I can just slide out the old silicone wiper and slide in a new one.  Any thoughts?
You can't just replace the silicone edge. It comes as a unit with the support brace, just like most replacement wipers. I've been told it is easy to replace the wipers - basically the same as regular wipers except removing and reconnecting the washer hose to the arm. I haven't needed to try it myself.
Flat Rock, NC